Why Video Should be Part of Your Marketing Strategy
Do you have a story you’d like to communicate in an engaging and compelling way? Are you looking to raise your brand profile? If so, you may be wondering if video should be part of your marketing strategy? The answer is a big, fat “Yes!”
‘Digital’ is a great leveller for brands, allowing businesses big and small across sectors to stand out from the crowd. It’s also measurable and shareable.
Here are Purple Door Media’s top 5 reasons why video is important:
- You’ll bring your messages, brand personality, products and services to life. The power of a well-crafted film is second-to-none. There’s no better way to engage interest for your brand, products or services or to communicate internal messages within your organisation.
People are always interested in a human story and the personality which underpins your brand. The messages can be conveyed by employees, clients and customers. A story told by others is powerful and trusted.
- Video provides vital ‘cut through’. Simply put, video is accessible. It’s one of the most popular ways people consume content.
- With global internet connection rates increasing significantly, a recent Cisco report found that video will constitute 82% of all global IP traffic by 2022.
- There are 2+ Billion YouTube users in over 100 countries and 80 languages, which amounts to almost a third of the internet, with one billion hours watched daily.
- During 2020 there were around 2 billion video views each day on Twitter; tweets with video gaining 10 times more engagement than tweets without.
- There are more than 4 billion video views on Facebook each day, 85% with the sound off.
- Content is King. Content marketing is all about crafting and sharing unique, consistent and relevant content. Clued-up brands are now fully embracing the power of film. It shows your audience why you’re special.
We’re all bombarded by non-stop information. To attract loyalty from existing and potential clients and customers you need ‘sticky’ content with ‘stand-out’. Your content strategy is the bridge between you and your audiences. According to a Curata survey around 74% of companies believe content marketing increases leads. Alongside unique blogs, video is perfect for social posts and thought leadership pieces.
For organisations looking to communicate to an internal audience, video is an effective way of communicating to employees en-masse through an email campaign or via intranet.
- Increase your searchability - Video can play a significant part of your overall Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategy. It affects the most important SEO ranking factor – content. According to the Aberdeen Group – video generates 66% more leads per year. Video flags to search engines that your site contains rich media which is relevant to search requests, therefore serving to rank your website more favourably. If other organisations share your video and link to it via backlinks, that’s also a brilliant way of gaining visibility and traction for your video, website and ultimately, your organisation. When used correctly, videos can add a huge boost to your SEO.
- Increase your conversion rate -There are many ways video can work to increase your conversion rate. High quality video encourages users to stay on platforms longer and engage more. A Study by Tubular Insights found that 64% of consumers purchased after watching a branded social video.
We work with a range of organisations, across a variety of sectors and industries.
Find out how Purple Door Media can bring your story to life. Email email@example.com or call 07811 351 309.